Q: Overheating with AC on

I just had a water pump timing belt combo put on my van. Now anytime I turn on my AC it overheats otherwise it it running normal heat wondering if this could be used to no Freon or low on Freon or if this could be due to something else
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have an AC compressor that may be going bad. As the AC compressor puts an additional load on the motor, this adds additional work to the motor causing it to have to work much harder. When the AC compressor begins to fail, many times they become harder to turn putting additional load on the motor. Other possibilities may be things like cooling fans not working properly, a clogged radiator not allowing coolant to circulate properly or potentially a bad coolant temperature sensor. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Overheating with AC on