Q: I just changed out my 2.0 to a 2.2 from a 1990 cavalier.

I pulled a running engine, engine wiring harness still attached with the computer. The harness plugged right into my firewall. I can crank the engine, but I'm not getting spark, and the fuel pump won't kick on. Everything else seems to be working just fine. What do I need to do to get spark and gas? Please help 馃槅

Hi there. Unfortunately, this is what is called a built in problem. The engine and wiring harness exchange from a 1986 2.0L to a 1990 2.2L is going to require circuit testing and wiring diagrams from both vehicles to correct the no start condition. The harness may have plugged in, doesn鈥檛 mean the circuits match up. This could create all sorts of electrical issues. I recommend having your vehicle鈥檚 no start condition be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籉air and transparent pricing