Q: I have water that's getting inside my drivers side back door and floor. What could be causing this?

When I open my driver's side back door after it rains I can hear water splashing around inside my door and my floor is soaked with water.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There is a long list of reasons that water would get inside your door. The first component to consider is the drains that run along the top of the door (quite like the gutters around your house). These tubes and drains direct the water to drain where it will not cause an issue. If these become clogged the water will back up and flow to onto the window and door. From there it may be leaking down and getting beyond the rubber window guard and into the door panel. It can also back up into the door frame and leak down into the cabin of the vehicle as well. These can be blown out gently with water or compressed air. If these are not blocked, then you will want to look at the condition of the rubber seal around your vehicles doorways and windows. Contact our service department for more help resolving the issue.

• I have water that's getting inside my drivers side back door and floor. What could be causing this?