Q: I have the brake pads but just can't get the bolt loosened to change the pads. Any suggestions?

I have the break pad but just can't get the bolt loosened to change the pads any suggestions

Hi there. You can try tapping on the head of the bolt with a brass punch and a hammer to help free up the bolt. Do not mushroom over the head of the bolt or crush the head of the bolt. If the bolt is a hex or torx design, then you can get the socket for the head and put it on a breaker bar to remove it. Try not to strip out the bolt. If you need further assistance with removing the bolts to the caliper, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I have the brake pads but just can't get the bolt loosened to change the pads. Any suggestions?