Q: I have power steering hoses that needs to be replaced. What is the labor to do it?

Thanks

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. First, you will need to put a drain pan under the hoses. Remove one end of the hoses and drain out the fluid. Remove the other end of the hose and take them off. Put on the new hoses. Fill up the reservoir and start the engine. Let the fluid go down and as the fluid goes down, fill up the reservoir slowly until the fluid stops dropping. Put the cap on and then turn the wheels left and right all the way from lock to lock (where the steering wheel will no move anymore). Remove the cap from the reservoir and fill up the fluid until it reads full on the dipstick. Put the cap back on and turn the wheels again. Recheck the fluid level. If it is full, the system is good, if it is low again, then fill it up again. If you need assistance with the power steering hose replacement, then consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional from YourMechanic can visit your home or office to have this done. If you were looking for the labor time, this will vary from vehicle to vehicle. Your best bet is to enter your vehicle information on our website to request a quote and get an accurate estimate of the cost and labor.