Q: I have had the sensors done before, and after the catalytic converter was replaced it has not kicked in.

How do I get the catalytic converter functioning again?

Hi there. Unfortunately, once the catalytic converter has failed there is typically no restarting it. The internal components have failed and are not serviceable. You’ll want to check if there were any codes stored, as this can help point you in the right direction for any underlying problems. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. If you would like to have this done, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your vehicle and replace the catalytic converter as necessary.

3. I have had the sensors done before, and after the catalytic converter was replaced it has not kicked in.