Q: I have a Subaru BRZ and I was wondering I found the Edelbrock supercharger and the vortech turbocharger will both be able to fit?

I was wondering if I could be able to fit the Edelbrock supercharger and the vortech turbocharger on at the same time. If not I don't know whether to choose a turbocharger or a supercharger?

When it comes to choosing a supercharger or turbo, there are a few things to consider. A super charger often times does not need to be cooled or if it does get cooled it uses the engine’s already existing cooling system. The supercharger is ran off of the serpentine belt. Anything that runs off of the serpentine belt takes power away from the engine. So, therefore a supercharger takes power away from the engine to make more power for the engine. Obviously, it makes more power than it takes away. Superchargers also tend to be a more simple installation and have less issues with reliability. Turbochargers run off of the exhaust system. The exhaust pressure spins a turbine inside the turbo charger causing it to force air back into the intake system. This setup often involves the use of an intercooler to cool the air before it reaches the engine. This is due to the fact that the exhaust air is hot. This system is often more difficult to install and may have a delayed boost compared to a supercharger (turbo lag). As for if the kits fit your vehicle, I would recommend getting in contact with the manufacturer to ensure they will fit your vehicle before purchasing.

3. I have a Subaru BRZ and I was wondering I found the Edelbrock supercharger and the vortech turbocharger will both be able to fit?