Q: I have a small oil leak

I have a small oil leak and it drives me crazy. My oil pressure is good and the engine runs really well but I want to fix this issue. I found a product call "Lucas Stop Oil Leak" and I wanted to see if you recommend using it.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

A: Hi there. I'll start with, there is no ...

Hi there. I'll start with, there is no mechanic in a can or bottle. Most additives are a temporary fix at best. Most stop leak additives are designed to swell seals, problem being, at what point does the additive stop working to swell the seal(s). There are numerous places for engine oil to leak, ie; valve covers, intake manifold, oil pressure switch, timing cover, front crankshaft seal, rear main seal, oil filter adapter, oil filter, oil pan, oil pan drain plug, etc. I recommend having your vehicle's small oil leak be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.