Q: I have a Mozda that will cut out completly when i put it in Park.

When i start the car and its cold it has no problem idling where it needs to be. When it starts to warm up the rpm will go all the way to down to about 260 to 500and fluctuate between the two. It will also do this when im stopped at an intersection. When i put the car in park it will go to 1000 rpm and quickly go to 100 and die.

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle’s erratic idle, will need to be properly diagnosed. Assuming, the check engine light is not on, leads me to believe the vehicle’s computer is not recognizing the fault. It could be, a faulty or dirty (IAC) idle air control valve. It could be, a vacuum leak affecting the operation of the IAC valve. It could be, a mechanical issue affecting engine vacuum, ie; valve train issue. It could be, a wiring and/or poor connection issue. With all the possibilities, I recommend your vehicle’s engine has erratic idle and dies when put in park be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.

3. I have a Mozda that will cut out completly when i put it in Park.