Q: I have a Honda Accord 2013 LX it does the same hesitation when almost coming to a full stop and it does it big time when I press o

asked by on March 13, 2018

My car jerks when I am parked and turn on the car for the first time and release the break a little bit. It also does it when I am coming to a complete stop right before it. It’s when the car is trying to go under the 1RPM mark when slowing down. I had both the throttle body cleaned and the sensor as well thinking it was residue in there causing this but I am seriously coming to the conclusion that it has some to do with my transmission and not changing the transmission fluid for a long time now, I don’t know I am just fed up with the whole jerky jerky when on a red light and releasing the break slightly it starts to literally jerk off itself!!!

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $445.00 Get a Quote

You might have a problem in the torque converter lock up clutch. Most car made after about 2000 have a clutch in the torque converter to stop slippage at speed and save gas. That clutch is supposed to disengage when the car slows down. Yours might be dragging and the effect is like forgetting to put your foot on the clutch in a manual transmission car. It might be a control issue or it might be a problem in the transmission itself. The car seems a little new to be having this kind of problem. A good first step would be to replace the transmission fluid and see if that helps. But be sure that it is exactly the fluid that Honda specifies. You can have that done by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to service your automatic transmission for you right there on the spot.