Q: I have a 2008 dodge magnum I just got just yesterday the check engine light came on the car is shaking and now it is smoking

asked by on March 11, 2018

It’s smoking big clouds of smoke and shaking the check engine light just started flashing when I got home

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

When the check engine light comes on, it means that the Electronic Control Unit has detected a fault in the system. If the light is flashing, it means that continuing to drive the car could damage the catalyst. It also means that the ECU has stored one or more trouble codes to point to the problem. These codes can be read and interpreted by a technician with the appropriate scanning equipment. If the engine is shaking and the light is blinking, I’m willing to bet that you have a number of misfire codes which may not be that big a deal to fix. It may just mean replacing some spark plugs or perhaps a coil pack. You can have this conveniently checked by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Misfiring Magnum and let you know what is the solution.