Q: I have a 2003 Subaru Legacy Outback and just recently it started dying whenever I shift into reverse.

I am able to shift and backup for a bit but then it dies and I have to put it in park and turn off/start again. It is working fine in drive. I had the head gaskets and power steering pump replaced within the last two months. Brought it into the shop to bleed the PS pump more + get codes from a check engine light and the mechanic said it could be either an plugged fuel filter or exhaust leak. Check engine light has not gone on since the reverse stopped working. Any thoughts? Thanks

3. I have a 2003 Subaru Legacy Outback and just recently it started dying whenever I shift into reverse.