Q: I have a 2002 Monte Carlo SS. Experiencing acceleration issues, won't go past 30mph, shudders when turning corners.

Scanned, got code P300. as thinking of getting new spark plugs. But was also wondering if getting a good fuel injection cleaner might help?

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are definitely heading in the right direction. A misfire code can be caused by a number of sensors, air issues, spark issues, or fuel issues. Doing a general tune up will not harm the vehicle, and it may be time to do some of these things anyway. To start, you will want to make sure the all of your fluids are topped off and in good condition. Make sure the spark plugs are new, and their wires are in good condition. Fuel injector cleaner will help if there is any debris build up on them. Keep in mind the engine will burn this build up, and you may see some smoke. For more help updating the engine, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a 2002 Monte Carlo SS. Experiencing acceleration issues, won't go past 30mph, shudders when turning corners.