Q: I have a 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 and I believe the Serpentine Belt has gone on the vehicle and now the car wont even start before

About a month ago I was told by a mechanic that my serpentine belt was bad and needed to be replaced but at the time I couldn't get it done so. This week I was going to get it fixed but the car didn't make it. Last week my car started to make this noise and then as I would drive the check engine light would come on and then go off after a little while. I felt like something bad was about to happened so I parked it in front of my home and didn't move it. I went out to warm it up just because it was very cold out and I knew I wouldn't be driving it until I was able to get it fixed but once I turned the key ALL the lights on the dashboard started to come on and the heat actually wouldn't work anymore I would hear a little crank but nothing else. Now I am not sure if the battery went or is this the cause of the Serpentine Belt not working properly or completely ruined ?

3. I have a 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 and I believe the Serpentine Belt has gone on the vehicle and now the car wont even start before