I have a 08 Pontiac G6 car won't jump start no lights no ...

Q: I have a 08 Pontiac G6 car won't jump start no lights no click at all what could this be

asked by on October 02, 2017

Everytime I tried to start my car it needed a jump now it won't start at all no lights come on no click or anything what can this be and also my key broke off in my ignition

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Be sure to resolve this as routinely jump starting a vehicle is not a safe practice. Every time the operation is performed there is a risk of damage to both vehicles, as well as bystanders, due to short circuit, reversed polarity and other mishaps that do occur when you don’t start a vehicle normally. Basically, after "one" jump, the vehicle should be repaired such that it starts on its own. This advice is to ensure your safety which is actually goal number ONE. The first thing to do is check to see if you have a fully charged battery that passes a load test. If the battery is no good, replace the battery. Once you have a known good battery, confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. If the immobilizer system is on, you may see a security warning light. If the warning light is on, to temporarily override the immobilizer system, see these instructions.

With a fully charged battery in good condition, and the immobilizer (security) system off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed; or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.