Q: I expect to sell or trade my '03 silverado soon. Air conditioner compressor is gone. I want to get a replacement one from my local

I expect to sell or trade my '03 silverado soon. Air conditioner compressor is gone. I want to get a replacement one from my local used parts house. what else should I replace? and what should I expect to pay? thanks

Whether using a new or used a/c compressor, at the very least, you should replace the receiver/dryer (also known as the filter/dryer) - with a new one. The dryer is designed to absorb moisture and contaminants within the system. It is so good at absorbing moisture that if you were to lay a new dryer out unprotected on a humid day, within 30 minute it will be useless. Also, even if the replacement used compressor is good, the dryer can prevent the system from blowing cold air. It may only get "cool". Expect to pay for a new dryer, refrigerant and oil, as well as the evacuate & recharge of the system. All in, 4 hours of labor time would not be unreasonable.

• I expect to sell or trade my '03 silverado soon. Air conditioner compressor is gone. I want to get a replacement one from my local