Q: I changed my oil and now smoke is comming from my exhaust pipe and it feels like my car is pulling

I changed my oil and now smoke is comming from my exhaust pipe and it feels like my car is pulling

Hi there. Although it’s very uncommon, there are times when an oil change will produce a little of gray colored smoke, if there was too much oil put into the engine and filter. Typically the way to check this is to start your engine, let it run for about 5 minutes, shut it off, wait another five minutes and check the oil level. If it’s too high, it’s best to remove the oil and filter and complete the job again. Having too much oil in the engine can increase internal pressure, which can break piston rings, seals and gaskets. In regards to the "pulling", if you’re talking about the steering wheel pulling, it’s likely due to suspension being out of alignment or perhaps a tire issue. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a smoke coming from engine inspection to make sure you don’t have any other issues causing this problem besides perhaps excess oil.

3. I changed my oil and now smoke is comming from my exhaust pipe and it feels like my car is pulling