Q: I cant find my owners manual for my 2004 toyota avalon xls and i have a question. I did a trip using trip a for a total of 19.7 mi

I cant find my owners manual for my 2004 toyota avalon xls and i have a question. I did a trip using trip a for a total of 19.7 miles on trip a and then on the way back I used 19.6 miles on trip b. When I switched back to trip a to compare it said I travelled 39.2 miles I believe. I did the math and it added trip b's miles to trip a. Is it supposed to do that? I thought they were supposed to be separate...

Hi there. If I understand your question correctly, you are saying that you completed a driving test; selecting trip "A" for the ride out and trip "B" for the ride back. Once you arrived back home, trip "A" was 39.2, which would be the distance of both individual trips. This is natural if the trip "A" was not deactivated or cleared when you started trip "B". When you begin a "trip" rating, it will continue until you shut off or clear that individual trip. The multiple trip settings is typically used to measure individual distances from one point to another. So, essentially, the trip meter will continue to add miles until it is deactivated; even if a second trip is activated. If you can’t find the owner manual, you can buy a new one from a dealership or even download them online in most cases.

3. I cant find my owners manual for my 2004 toyota avalon xls and i have a question. I did a trip using trip a for a total of 19.7 mi