Q: How should small children be seated?

How should small children be seated?

Like infants, small children must be seated correctly in your car to ensure safety. Most states have very specific height and weight restrictions concerning child seating – consult your state’s DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) for the rules that apply to you.

• Generally, children over 1 year of age can sit in a front facing car seat, although some states have different laws.

• Children must meet your state’s height and weight restrictions before moving from a front facing car seat to a booster seat.

• Booster seats should only be positioned in the back seat of the car.

• Children must remain in a booster seat until they meet your state’s height and weight restrictions.

3. How should small children be seated?