Q: How much to replace rear differential in 2005 s60 t5awd. Car shakes between 55-70 mph and quick grinding noise, happens once a da

Volvo Car shakes between 55-72mph. Once a day get grinding noise from rear of car. Only when beginning to accelerate when going 50mph(generic speed). I'll be driving along at 50mph, step on gas to accelerate a little, not punching it, and a grinding noise comes from rear of car, I believe. Only lasts a second or two, goes away and I don't hear it again.

Hello. Typically if you get a grinding noise from the rear of the vehicle along with shaking it can be a differential issue. It can be a failure in the differential pinion bearing or it may just be an issue with the coupler in the drive shaft. I usually get the vehicle in the air and inspect both of these areas. I would check the driver shaft first and then check for any issues with the differential. If nothing is found at that point I drain the fluid from the differential to check for metal which would indicate an internal failure. If you want to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why this noise is occurring under the vehicle] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-making-a-noise-inspection

• How much to replace rear differential in 2005 s60 t5awd. Car shakes between 55-70 mph and quick grinding noise, happens once a da