How many catalytic converters are on my 2008 Hyundai Veracruz V6 4 cylinder?

I need to replace a catalytic converter on my 2008 Hyundai Veracruz. How many catalytic converters are on my car? And, if there are multiple converters, how do I know which one needs to be replaced?

Hi Brittany. Thanks for contacting us today. On a V6 Hyundai, there are two exhaust manifolds that come together and merge into a single exhaust pipe. This means there are three total catalytic converters on your vehicle. So, if it needs to be replaced, there should be an OBD-II trouble code that will tell a mechanic which one (or ones) are damaged and need to be replaced. However, generally speaking, they all wear out around the same time, so they should all be replaced at the same time if possible.