Q: How do you use the fog lights?

How do you use the fog lights?

While not all Altima models have fog lights, if your car does, you have an important advantage when driving in foggy or misty conditions. Of course, you need to know how to operate those lights. Here’s how to do it.

1. Locate the fog light control. It’s on the lever that controls your headlights and turn signals.

2. Turn the headlights on.

3. Turn the fog light control toward you one time.

If you have your headlights set to auto, you can turn the fog lights on manually if the headlights have come on (the light level must be low enough for the auto system to have kicked in).

Tips

• Your fog lights will not operate if your headlights are not on.

• The fog lights will only work with your headlights set to low beam.

• Changing from low beams to high beams will turn off the fog lights.

3. How do you use the fog lights?