Q: Getting a "Drivetrain Malfunction" light on a 2011 535i. Had a sensor replaced for almost $400 and that didnt fix the issue. wha

Getting a "Drivetrain Malfunction" light on a 2011 535i. Had a sensor replaced for almost $400 and that didnt fix the issue. what is this gonna cost me to fix if I take it to the dealership?

Hello.

The drive train malfunction light indicates the computer has detected an issue with the vehicle’s drive train or transmission. This can be caused by many things, ranging from a bad sensor, to the need for a new transmission.

As the possibilities could be many, a proper diagnosis would have to be done in order to determine what the exact cause of the issue may be and how much it will cost to get fixed. A BMW specialist or a dealership would be the best places to have this issue diagnosed with a suitable scan tool.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose warning light firsthand.

• Getting a "Drivetrain Malfunction" light on a 2011 535i. Had a sensor replaced for almost $400 and that didnt fix the issue. wha