Q: How do you know when evaporative emission vapor vent tube from fuel tank to evaporative emission canister is faulty?

asked by on August 14, 2017

What are symptoms for evaporative emission vapor vent tube from fuel tank to the evaporative emission canister if it is not working properly?

If a leak in the EVAP system is detected, the Check Engine light will illuminate on the dash and the trouble code related to the problem will be stored in the engine computer. When an air leak is present in the EVAP system, the MAP sensor will not be able to determine the air density, and the MAF sensor will not be able to determine the volume of air, entering the engine correctly. This will lead to an over fueling situation or an under fueling situation depending on the size of the air leak and engine operating speeds and load. This may eventually lead to catalytic converter problems as well as misfiring problems. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr