Q: How do I turn off the passenger safety belt reminder light?

How do I turn off the passenger safety belt reminder light?

A: The passenger safety belt reminder light is...

The passenger safety belt reminder light is a key safety feature that alerts you when your passenger does not have their seat belt securely fastened. Your vehicle detects when a person is in the passenger seat, so the reminder should not come on if the seat is unoccupied. However, other heavy objects in the passenger seat (such as groceries, boxes, or a dog) can trigger the passenger safety belt reminder light.

Since the passenger safety belt reminder light is a very important safety feature, there is no way to disable it or turn it off. Instead, you should either move your items off of the passenger seat, or buckle the passenger seat.