Q: How do I replace the camshaft sensor on a 1999 Lexus ES?

Can't find the Camshaft Sensor so I can change it on my 99 Lexus ES with a 3.0 engine

Hi there. There are two cam position sensors on this vehicle, one for each bank. They are located to the rear of the cylinder head towards the transmission, on the exhaust manifold side, black with a two or three wire connector. Bank 2, the one near the radiator is the easiest to see so that you know what you’re looking for on the other bank. The connectors can be difficult to remove and do become brittle over time. Why are you needing to replace the sensor? Was it tested and failed testing? I strongly suggest acquiring a qualified technician to perform an inspection if it has a check engine light to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. If it has a check engine light, the code stored is only used as a guide to lead us to the system that has the fault, not as a diagnosis. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.