Q: How do I get my car in drive, it is stuck in neutral and it sounds like it's speeding up but not going anywhere how do I fix it?

I got in a wreck and it is stuck in neutral and I can't get it out of neutral it's just sounds like its speeding up but it's not moving it does that in drive and in reverse I'm not sure how to fix it or what the problem is.

Did the accident cause the vehicle to loose transmission fluid? A low transmission fluid level ma cause the transmission to slip when a drive gear is commanded. The linkage between the shifter and transmission may have been jarred in the accident and became loose or broken. If the linkage is OK and the transmission fluid level is correct, the problem may be the transmission itself. Consider having the vehicle towed to a local collision center or transmission repair facility for a more personal diagnosis.

• How do I get my car in drive, it is stuck in neutral and it sounds like it's speeding up but not going anywhere how do I fix it?