Q: How can I swap to a Vortec engine without a lot of trouble?

I bought a 92 chevy s10 blazer tahoe with a 4.3 throttle body motor , motor was locked up I have a 4.3 vortec motor out of a 94 sonoma to replace it can I swap intakes to the throttle body and the vorec motor work with my blazer

A: The engines are very similar other than a f...

The engines are very similar other than a few subtle differences. The donor engine is only a couple of years newer so I do believe many of the electronics may be the same. Make sure you use a new gasket for any parts you remove that require one and use fresh, clean oil and a new filter on startup. While both engines are out, you can set them side by side and get a good look at what may be different about them. After doing a quick lookup for re-manufactured engines, the same part numbers show up for reach vehicle so the engines should be compatible.