Q: How can i personally check to see whats wrong with my intake manifold?

Check engine light came on a day ago. Went and had it checked and told it was any intake manifold. Im not mechanically inclined and just curious whats the easiest way to figure out myself whats wrong without having to go straight to a dealership and spend a bunch of money i don't have.

A: Hello. The Check Engine Light can involve m...

Hello. The Check Engine Light can involve many systems and is an indicator of a fault. To determine the replacement of an intake manifold, you can do a visual inspection for any cracks or damage to manifold. It should have a smooth appearance. To evaluate it further, this would require a scan tool that can read engine data. I recommend having a professional technician diagnose the Check Engine Light so that this can be fully corrected.