Q: Honda Civic 2007 oil indicator lamp issue

Gud Day! I have a honda civic 2007 model right now I was confused because the time I shift the key not on its full start all of the indicators had disappeared except my oil indicator lamp who stays at red but it is not blinking. It will just disappear on it full start ! Can you give me good advise If it is normal or do I need to go right awaY to a car repair shop and have a change oil. I Also check the engine oil level and it seems that there was nothing as far as I am concern.

A: Simply put, since the light did go off afte...

Simply put, since the light did go off after you started the engine, you are fine. Let me explain a little bit about your warning lights. When you turn your key on, all of the lights illuminate during the computer's self check. Which is what your computer does every time you turn the key to on (the spot before you actually turn over the engine). Now there are some "self tests" that can not take place until the engine actually starts. Once the vehicle starts, and the computer runs its tests, the light should go off. If the computer runs its test and the light stays on, you then have a potential issue and should investigate further.