Q: high pitched squeal and the sound equivalent to stones rolling in a tin can (driver's side front wheel)

basically the above covers the issue - the high pitched squeal was evident when applying the brakes.

This sounds like a brake issue. The brake pads have a wear indicator that will make a squeal-type of noise when the pads have been worn down. The stone rolling noise could be debris in the wheel brake area. It could also be a hub bearing failure. You should get this checked out as soon as possible to avoid any dangerous situations. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the squeal sound and make any repairs that are necessary.

3. high pitched squeal and the sound equivalent to stones rolling in a tin can (driver's side front wheel)