Q: High mileage, Help avoid issues?

so I just recently bought this car at the low price of 6500 dollars. I think this car is beautiful and would like to keep it for an extended period of time. The high mileage worries me however. how can I keep this car running perfect as long as possible? I got the car cheap so a change in the near future is definitely possible, but like I said, I think this car is beautiful, and this purchase was made out of want, not necessity. Thank you in advance

Fresh fluids are a good place to start. Change the engine oil to a high quality synthetic like Mobile 1. BMW consider’s their transmission fluid to be "lifetime" but that unfortunately means for the life of the transmission, so changing the transmission fluid can buy you some time as long as you use the factory, replacement fluid, no generic substitutes. Likewise the coolant should be replaced with the BMW recommended fluid and distilled water. The brake system should be flushed with new fluid every two years and the power steering fluid and differential oil should be replaced also with the factory recommended fluid. Keeping these fluid fresh will maximize the life of the components. It won’t stop failures from happening. But it can stretch the life of things. To have your oil and filter changed you can contact YourMechanic who will send you a technician with all the necessary equipment to do the job.