Q: Hi, my name is Jorge from North Houston, TX, and I'd like to know the location of the Expansion Valve (Orifice Tube) for 2011 GMC

asked by on August 06, 2017

Hi, my name is Jorge from North Houston, TX, and I'd like to know the location of the Expansion Valve (Orifice Tube) for 2011 GMC Acadia, also how difficult is to replace it myself, would you please help me with that, I will appreciate it very much.

Your vehicle has an expansion valve mounted at the firewall behind the two a/c lines where they connect to the evaporator assembly. You will need to evacuate the a/c refrigerant and remove line connection and then unbolt the expansion valve. The book time is 1 hour plus the reclaim and evacuate then recharge a/c system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr