Q: Hi my mom has a 99 toyota Camry and she just replaced her battery and now nothing works

asked by on February 09, 2018

What could it be when i put in a new battery and it cranks up so i get ready to go somewhere and i can't put it in gear and nothing else works the switch for my Windows,windshield wipers,lights nothing I've never seen anything like this before

There might be a pigtail cable on the battery cable that has been damaged. The battery cables usually have one or two smaller gauge wires that come off of the cable to power up other circuits. You can look at the cables and see if there is anything dangling loose. If you don;t find anything like that, you can contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Camry electrical system and let you know what it is going to take to solve your problem.

Hi Akeshia. Thanks for contacting us today. Sometimes, this issue is caused by an electrical relay that is damaged. In other cases, when a battery is replaced, sometimes it can cause an electrical glitch to occur that stores an error code in the ECU. I think the best thing to do is have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection, so they can isolate the source of this problem and resolve it for you.