Q: Hello I have a 1984 nissan 720 4x4 in need of a new motor and clutch. Around how much should I be expecting to spend. Ballpark.

I blew the head gasket driving up a mountainted road. Very bad. Literally steamed out the entire canyon. I have begun attempting the re pair but fear that I toasted the already aging motor. The clutch already needed to be replaced. I am just trying to be proactive in planning for the worst and am trying to get a general idea of what I'm in for.

My car has a manual transmission. Z24 carbed

The heads are aluminum and very prone to cracking if you drove the vehicle for extended period while overheating. You will most likely need to replace the cylinder heads. With an old motor you will also need to overhaul the lower end. You may need to replace the motor and transmission clutch assembly. Use a used motor if one can be found.

• Hello I have a 1984 nissan 720 4x4 in need of a new motor and clutch. Around how much should I be expecting to spend. Ballpark.