Q: Q: Heater problems

The heater on my car takes a long time for the heater to blow hot air. The air is not that hot. And only works on high

The most common symptom of a failed blower motor resistor is when the fan works in "High" speed, but doesn’t work in some lower speeds. The highest speed setting may still work because in most cars in the highest fan speed settings the current bypasses the blower motor resistor. In some cars, if the resistor is failed, the fan may stop working completely. Another reason a blower motor resistor may fail is when the blower motor has a mechanical problem or when a foreign object jams the blower motor fan blade and prevents it from spinning freely. This leads to increased current through the resistor and causes it to overheat and fail. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your AC/heater blower motor to determine what may be causing the fan not to work properly.

3. Q: Heater problems