Q: headlight/ tail light tinting laws in Utah

I've recently failed my safety test, for the second time, because apparently this time my head lights and tail lights are too tinted, whereas the first test, this wasn't a reason for failing. I have them very lightly tinted and you can see the lights with no problems. I just want to know the exact laws for the tinting. Thanks

Have lived in St George for six years, I understand the frustration you’re experiencing with the legality of your tint. The truth is that the State of Utah frequently changes automotive safety standards; in most cases, on an annual basis. The only way to know for certain what the current regulations are is to visit your local DMV or search online for Utah safety inspection standards.