Q: having times when I'm stopped at a light and my Hyundai Accent Sedan 2010 loses power. Sometimes takes a while to restart.

The issues I've been having at times is when I'm stopped at a light or stop sign my car just loses power and I have to put my car back into park to restart it. At times when I try to restart it from the loss of power it doesn't always start so I have to keep attempting to turn the key back and forth to get it going. I took it into the shop thinking it was the battery or the alternator since when I lose power the battery​ and check engine indicators flash. The shop said the only issue they saw were the cables to the battery were loose so they tightened them then said I needed new struts and a transmission flush. Not sure if it's the battery, starter, alternator or the coils or something else but I'm desperate for help. Thank you.

My car has 81,719 miles.

If I interpret what you say correctly, it sounds like an electrical malfunction. I wouldn’t worry right now about the struts and transmission flush. Those are high margin sales that many of the chains push on everybody that comes in the door. I think you might have a problem in the power distribution box or the ignition switch and it is going to take a fairly skilled technician to track it down. To have that done at your convenience, you can contact Your Mechanic. They will send a technician right to your home or office to check out your Hyundai and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

3. having times when I'm stopped at a light and my Hyundai Accent Sedan 2010 loses power. Sometimes takes a while to restart.