Q: Have 2005 Cadillac Deville and had front and back struts replaced 1 1/2 years ago. Having how long do struts last when replaced?

Had front and rear struts replaced 1 1/2 years ago. How long do replacements usually last? Front starting to knock again like it did before. Car driven less than 7,000 miles a year and is garbage kept. Replaced struts were the originals.

Hi there:

Though there is not a specific maintenance period for struts, they do need to be changed as they fail and cause problems. Putting off changing your struts for too long can make your vehicle unstable to drive and it can even make it unsafe. However, there are other front end suspension components including tie rod ends that could cause the same type of symptoms as the worn out struts. To be on the safe side, you might want to have one of our mobile mechanics complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of the noise and determine what parts might be worn out and need to be replaced.

3. Have 2005 Cadillac Deville and had front and back struts replaced 1 1/2 years ago. Having how long do struts last when replaced?