Had back brakes replaced at Pep Boys. Now there's a sque...

Q: Had back brakes replaced at Pep Boys. Now there's a squeeking sound coming from the rear. Also when I use my brakes it's not a sm

asked by on July 22, 2017

Had back brakes replaced at Pep Boys now squeeking in rear and a rough stop. Reluctant to take back there. Advice?

Hi there. When you hear a squeak shortly after replacing the brakes, it’s commonly due to excessive brake dust trapped between the caliper and brake rotor. However, it is also possible that something is stuck or the pads installed are too large for the vehicle. To provide you with some peace of mind, you might want to have one of our mechanics come to your location to complete a brake safety inspection, so they can determine what is causing these symptoms and ensure everything is safe.