Q: Grinding noise in hard turns.

I think I need my power steering checked. I hear a grinding noise in hard turns. The fluid was slightly low, so I topped it off, but I still hear some noise.

A: Sometimes when a hydraulic pump like your p...

Sometimes when a hydraulic pump like your power steering pump runs too long without adequate lubrication the bearing starts to wear prematurely. If the fluid level became low enough, it could introduce air into the system and cause a similar sound after it has been topped off. I would have a certified mechanic, like YourMechanic, inspect your entire power steering system, there might be a leak somewhere along the lines, hoses, pump or even steering rack and pinion.