Q: Giant rock stuck dragging underneath my car for a few feet

I was driving to ventucopa from ojai and saw this somewhat rectangle low lying rock in my path. I assumed my car would be high off the ground to pass over it. I was horribly wrong. It got caught underneath the front of my car (at the speed of 25mph) and caused that loud thump noise on impact and i noticed my car was trying to continue forward but the rock was causing great resistance. A few feet down the road and i stopped my car and got out. The way my car was sounding and such i assumed i had a flat tire or a tire was ripped off. Nope. It was the rock stuck between underneath my car and the ground. I put my car in reverse and it came right out no problem. Thats when i noticed little wet drops on the ground. I rubbed it between my fingers and did not smell any scent. I assumed its water from my a/c since it was on. I continued on my journey. No sign of alignment being off. Or tire problems. Or any engine troubles. I read online that the oil pan might be damaged. Any way to check?

Hello, I would suggest first checking your oil using the dipstick as this would provide some indication if the oil pan had been badly damaged enough to cause an oil leak. Secondly, when you park the car, just be sure to pay attention to the ground when moving it again and look to see if you find traces of oil on the ground. If you find that it has a leak, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your car to inspect and diagnose your oil leak.