Q: Gauge reads hot, but motor isn't

I start the motor and let it run, and gauge rises slowly. Overheating, but motor is not hot

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be rela...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be related to two very different scenarios. 1) The temp gauge is faulty and picking up bad information as to the true heat of the motor or 2) the gauge is correct and your motor is overheating, which may not always be noticeable just by looking at it. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.