Q: g500 2005

The problem isthat my g wagon some times don't shifts right like it won't shift to 2 gear or some times it doesn't shifts back to first gear so i take to de dealership and they told me to change the transition computer and i paid for it and then 2 weeks leater the problem came back again and they told me that i need to change the wire harness and is very expensive, i don't know what to do can someone help me please thanks soooo much :( My car has 77000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission. actually the dealership doesn't know whats the problem can some one pleas tell me whats the problem thank you

A: Hi there, On this electronically controlled...

Hi there, On this electronically controlled transmission, the problem may be mechanical or electrical. If the technician at the dealership found damaged wires along the harness, it should be replaced to prevent other circuits from shorting out. You may be able to visit a transmission repair facility for a second opinion in case there is a mechanical fault in the unit. Getting a second opinion my help reduce your costs as well.