Q: Fuel pump is louder higher pitched wine?

My 2001 s10 v6 stalled at a red light but restarted after the second attempt. Ran and started fine for two or three days, then I went to storeand it wouldn't start on the way back. Decided to pump the gas pedal while starting and after pressing full throttle and aggressively reving while cranking got it started and has ran fine so far since. Only the fuel pump is louder high pitched wine. Is my pump going out or can a relay fix the issue?

A: If the fuel pump is actually running, then ...

If the fuel pump is actually running, then the relay is doing it's job by sending power to it. Generally, if the fuel pump is making louder noise / whining than it normally has, that's usually an indication that it may be about to fail soon. That you have a "loud" fuel pump now and are having difficulty with starting and running properly, that can be the indication that the fuel pump is failing.

Have a certified technician look into the hard starting and stalling to verify the exact cause.