Q: Fans out and radiator leaking

My cooling fans are not working and the radiator is leaking.

Hi. There are two engine cooling fans in your vehicle: a high and a low speed. The body control module (BCM) sends requests to the powertrain control module (PCM) for fan operation. The powertrain control module (PCM) then grounds the fan relays to turn on the fans. This takes place when engine load or temperature is excessive. The engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor and A/C pressure sensor are the main signals monitored by the modules for fan control. Inoperative cooling fans(s) could be the result of a problem with the fan motor, relay, wiring, ECT, A/C pressure sensor or ECUs. A trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your fans for you. They will also be able to perform a cooling system pressure test to pinpoint the location of your coolant leak.

3. Fans out and radiator leaking