Q: exhaust running hot

Son wrecked car damaging radiator, cracking manifold and cooling fans no obvious engine damage mostly body. Radiator and bracket replaced cracked manifold sealed but exhaust is running extremely hot. Trying to determine if it is worth continuing to fix but can not figure out what is causing exhaust to be so hot.

A: You need to test to see if manifold is real...

You need to test to see if manifold is really overheating or not by using an infrared temperature probe. The manifold may reach temperatures above 500 degrees or more which is normal. If you see the manifold is getting red hot when idling then you may have a restricted exhaust or a crack that is letting in extra air.

If you'd like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your overheating issue firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.