Q: ESP BAS light on

asked by on September 29, 2017

i have an 06 300 touring and the EPS BAS light is on. It would go out for a day or two and now it seems to be staying on. What would the average cost be to have this repaired

Your Electronic Stability Program (ESP) Indicator Light / Brake Assist System (BAS) Warning Light is a common issue with Chrysler. Start with checking the electrical system. Remove the battery cables and clean them well. Next, check the ground connection at the bulkhead, under the hood and the positive connections at the fuse box. If all that checks out OK, check under the main fuse box for loose / corroded plugs and wires. These are the known, common problems. The fluctuation in power would cause the PCM to momentarily go into limp mode causing a bit of bucking or jerking on deceleration. Also have the OBD trouble codes read, including the ABS system. To reset the ESP/BAS light, with the engine running, in park turn the wheel right to left, lock to lock twice.