Q: Fiat dash lights are all on, says check power steering, esc not available, abs not available, etc. looks like all the warnings

asked by on September 06, 2017

Fiat dash lights are all on, says check power steering, esc not available, abs not available, etc. looks like all the warnings and lights are on. Guessing its a lockout, or battery issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Alternator Replacement $151.62 - $1237.14 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may have a weak battery, a failing voltage regulator or failing alternator as the symptoms you describe are common when battery voltage is low. As you may know, the alternator charges the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator pulley. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr