Q: EPC Check Light is on followed by an engine fault

EPC check light came up followed by engine fault and can't do acceleration..meaning that engine breakdown..i had to stop at the roadside and switch off the key and turn on(restart) before the car can run again..but EPC will come out again after the car few miles running..the engine felt unstable though..

The EPC light refers to the Engine Power Control indicating a potential engine malfunction which is a general warning that could mean many different things such as the engine speed sensor, mass airflow sensor, or other issues related to throttle body function. In your case, the lack of acceleration and engine stability is a common sign of a failing mass air flow sensor.

The mass airflow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your EPC warning light firsthand and service your mass air flow sensor if necessary. Best of luck.